What is Pepper Spray?
It is simply cayenne pepper in spray form. Pepper spray typically comes in canisters, which are often small enough to be carried or concealed in a pocket or purse. Pepper spray’s active ingredient is oleoresin Capsicum (OC). Here in NC, our local Police carry 36% OC. Damsel in Defense pepper sprays are 18% OC.
How hot is it?
Do you think those hot peppers are spicy? Well, think again. To get a better idea of how hot our pepper spray is, let’s look at the scoville heat unit chart. It was devised by Wilbur Scoville in 1912 as a measure the hotness of a chile pepper.
The SHU scale, in regards to pepper spray, indicates the amount of oleoresin capsicum (OC) present or, the heat and irritation the pepper spray delivers.Our pepper spray is 2 million scoville heat units (SHU). Ya, that’s hot…
- Enables you to defense yourself while keeping a safe distance ( Damsel in Defense pepper sprays up to 16 ft.)
- Doesn’t require size or strength to use
- Constant reminder to stay alert when holding it or on your key chain
- Safety feature to prevent accidental discharge
- Glow in the dark nozzle
- A one second burst to the face will cause temporary blindness, choking, coughing, and nausea-bringing the attacker to his knees.
- Can affect an attacker for up to 60 minutes without causing permanent damage
- It’s an inflammatory agent and not an irritant so it is effective on those who feel no pain such as those under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- UV (ultraviolet) identifying dye that last’s a full week and up to two weeks to ware off so if the assailant goes to the hospital, a simple UV light proves they were up to no good
- Pepper Spray isn’t of any use if it’s not in your hand. Especially when you’re alone and feel threatened. Make it a habit to hold when, for example, walking around in a parking lot or out for a walk.
- Change out your pepper spray canister every six months for best results and potency.
- Be sure to spray with the wind so it won’t spray back on yourself
- Pepper Spray is restricted in the following areas: MA, MI, NY, WI & DC
Get Equip with your own pepper spray today! Contact me for color and design selection.