The words Mace and Pepper Spray are often used synonymously, but they are two DIFFERENT self-defense products.
- Is classified as an irritant and is similar to tear gas
- has no effect on criminals under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- “Mace” is a brand name associated with pepper spray products.
- Will NOT cause inflammation of the capillaries of the eyes and skin causing temporary blindness, nausea, breathing difficulties and an intense burning sensation.
- Is classified as an inflammatory agent and will immediately incapacitate an assailant.
- It will take down and cause temporary pain to those under the influence.
- WILL cause inflammation of the capillaries of the eyes and skin causing temporary blindness, nausea, breathing difficulties and an intense burning sensation.
Damsel in Defense ™ offers Pepper Spray. They all are 18% OC (oleoresin capsicum), two million SHU (Scoville heat units), the .5 ounce shoots up to 16 feet, quick-release/one-hand operation, locking/glow-in-the-dark nozzle, UV (ultraviolet) identifying dye, safety feature prevents accidental discharge. The one exception is our Take it and Leave it, as the .5 ounce unit contains 3% tear gas as well.
This item cannot ship to DC, MA, MI, NY or WI.