When you first receive your Damsel in Defense (TM) stun gun, go ahead and plug it in to make sure it’s fully charged.
Learn how to charge your stun gun by Damsel Protege’, Jennifer Vaaler.
1) Underneath the stun gun, there is a round dot. Push this out for the wall prongs.
2) Make sure stun gun is switched completely off, in the down position.
3) Make sure the safety pin is NOT plugged in
4) Plug into an outlet that is away from animals and children
5) You will know your stun gun is charging when the red “D” light comes on.
6) Charge for 8 hours.
7) After 8 hours, the flashlight should be a lot brighter and the charge will be really loud. Otherwise, there really is no other way to tell it’s fully charged.
Q. How do I know if the charge is getting low?
A. When your charge is getting low, the flashlight will become dimmer and the sound of the stun won’t be near as loud.
Q. How often should I charge my stun gun?
A. Overcharging can mess up your stun gun. It’s good to make sure you charge it once a month for minimal usage. If you mainly use the flashlight and test more often, charge every two-weeks, no longer than 8 hours.